Thursday, September 1, 2016

Terrible and annoying concert behavior

Do you know? Actually nowadays, we watch live concert through our screens. I mean, phone screen!

Okay, this case becomes a bad habit even culture. You know, you always see the fans holding up their phone to record some videos of their idols in the concert. It's okay if they record it only one performance, but... almost all performances are a big NO. Like, why bother to record when you can enjoy yourself in the concert? You can sing along, dance, and even jump without feeling burdened should record. Even Beyoncé herself says, "I'm right in your face, baby! You've gotta seize the moment! Put that damn camera down!"

credit to mic.com


It's disrespectful to everyone around you. I am not saying that the device should be powered off for the entirely of the show, because I personally think a few photos isn't a big deal. I am referring to those fans who have their camera of phone for most of the concert. Remember, FANS. Not journalists, or fan-site, or some people who came with the intention of recording the concert (not the staff). 

I am experiencing it myself. Yes, yes, I know, when my favorite idol came to Jakarta, I couldn't stop record their performance with my lil' camera (yes and now I am regretting). It was the same with the other fans. Their mindset is just the same. And the reality is I couldn't see my idols properly. I only saw a flood of phones and cameras.

Moreover, taking photos of every single moment or recording every single of your favorite songs is disruptive to those around you and it ruins your own experience. Of course,  as I said before, phones annoyingly blocked the view at a concert is not new. Yet, it seems to be getting worse. It's awful.

130831 - Infinite's Concert,
One Great Step in Jakarta
credit to me.
It's disrespectful to your idols. I mean, they hold concert to see you all. They want to see your face, how you look, etc. However, what is the reality? They only see the FLOOD OF PHONES AND CAMERAS. They don't see your face. In fact, it makes them sad (for those idols who care about the fans).

Like, they will think that we go to the concert just to SHOW-OFF to our friends that we had ability to attend a concert. They will think that we only care about the picture or video result later. Deep down, we know we will never look at.

So, every time you go to concert, just turn off your cellphones. Hand the camera around your neck (of course the one with the strap). Just enjoy, free yourself. Seize the moment. Just take few cool moments that you think it's cool to post it on SNS (Social Networking Sites).

Yes, there is definitely an art in concert photography. And people certainly appreciate that. Last but not least, just experience the music. Come on, we pay a lot to go to one concert!

130831 - Infinite's Concert,
One Great Step in Jakarta
credit to me.

"Put down your fucking phone and 
enjoy the music. 
Your video is bad
 and you should feel bad."


No comments:

Post a Comment